Not sure how to factory reset Oculus Quest 2 headset you own? That is completely okay or fine because you are on the right post to get the right exact solution you need. Know that when you reset this VR headset, it will remove unwanted and unused files. It works like it’s a fresh or new device. This factory reset helps to remove bugs or any glitches hidden in the device because of old updates.
So, your data like installed apps, passwords, IDs, or any other game data gets removed when you factory reset Oculus Quest 2 headset. Thus, it’s best that you make up your mind before following the guiding steps listed below to factory reset the device.
Why must you reset Oculus Quest 2 that you own?
One of the advantages of resetting the Oculus Quest 2 VR headset is that you get extra space. You can install and play new games without buying a new device. Later, you get to upgrade the existing one to the latest version. Also, it’s a good practice to factory reset the device if you plan to sell it to another user. Then the new user will not have access to your older files or details like passwords or game IDs.
Also Read : How to reset apple watch
How to factory reset Oculus Quest 2 VR headset using its settings?
The best and most reliable way to factory reset the device is by using the headset’s settings. The result will be faster to see and confirm. Follow these steps to do so:
1. Turn off your device:
- The first step to factory reset Oculus Quest 2 is to switch it off completely. Find the power button at the side of the headset.
- Press it for 3-4 seconds. Release it afterwards.
- You will notice that the device switches off.
- Now you can easily do the next step, which is trickier to implement.
2. Go to the boot menu to confirm the factory reset settings:
- Hold the volume and power buttons this time together. A boot menu appears on the screen. It might be something coded in blue. It will have multiple options on the screen. If the headset cannot open the boot menu for you, switch off the device again and repeat the first step. It shall work this time.
- Choose the “Factory Reset” option from the list in the boot menu. To do so, use the volume key. It will scroll the screen’s cursor up and down for you. Hold the power button when you get onto the Factory Reset option to click or select it.
- A pop-up might appear once you select this option to confirm.
- Press the power key on the side of your headset again to select “Yes.”
- It will begin the final steps of factory resetting the Oculus Quest 2 device for you. Sit tight and wait for a few minutes. Open your device again and confirm whether the factory reset was successful or not.
Also Know : How to unpair apple watch
How to factory reset Oculus Quest 2 with iOS or Android operating system?
You can do it remotely if you do not wish to reset Oculus Quest 2 from its settings/headset. For that, you need iOS or Android operating system or device. Once you confirm that you have such a device, follow the below-listed steps to reset the headset:
- Find Oculus Quest 2 app on mobile or tablet.
- Go to “Settings” of the app.
- Check if Quest 2 is connected to the device.
- If yes, select the Quest 2 device name.
- You will find the “More settings” option next.
- Click it and go to another option named “Factory reset.”
- Click it to begin the final process.
Note that you need to pair your Quest 2 headset to the phone or tablet before starting the process to factory reset it. This is to ensure that there is no default in implementing and executing this process.
Create a backup before factory resetting the device:
If you’re thorough with the factory reset steps, note that you should also create a backup. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Quick Settings on the headset.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Find the backup option and click it to toggle it on.
- Wait for a few minutes for the backup to complete.
After the backup, you can begin the process of a factory reset of your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
Also Read : How to factory reset any android device
Don’t want to delete everything?
If you don’t want to delete everything or create a backup, factory resetting is not the right option. Rather, you must press the power button down to restart the device. It can help your device to recover from usual glitches.