Honeywell Thermostats are reliable and one of the most bought in the market. However, every tech comes with a guarantee period. It can stop working during that period or after that. There can be some malfunctions or need for serious repair/maintenance for the device. For example, if the home temperature is dripping below the usual point or the utility bills is higher than the usual average, there is something wrong with the thermostat.
It fails to adjust the heating and cooling system in your room or wherever you place it. Therefore, knowing how to reset a Honeywell Thermostat is important. You can set it to its default or original setup and preferences from this knowledge. You will not find yourself at the odd temperatures at your home or office, wherever it is causing the problem.
Table of Contents
What could be wrong with my thermostat?
Resetting your thermostat is important for various reasons. One of the few I explained in the introduction already. Other reasons are:
- There is an error in the thermostat’s setting or programming.
- It does not connect to your current heating and cooling system.
- It is not reading the room temperature accurately.
What is my thermostat model?
To restart or reset the device, know its model. Fetch your thermostat ID card. You will find the model number written over it for your reference to follow the steps I will explain later in this blog.
Also Read : How To Reset iPhone 11 in 2023
You can also check the packaging of the device. The model must also be printed there. If you ordered the thermostat online, check your online browsing history. From there, you will instantly know the model number.
If that solution also doesn’t work to know your model number, take off the device from the wall. Turn it around and check its wall plate. It should also have the model number printed there.
If the thermostat is not coming off, find a similar model online. Talk to the thermostat product buyers who use the same or similar device. Get their help as you connect with them on a call or message.
Steps to reset a Honeywell Thermostat
If you’re using a battery-power thermostat, follow these steps quickly:
- Please switch off the thermostat and remove its batteries carefully.
- Put back the batteries wrong. The one to be the positive should now be negative, and vice-versa.
- Wait 10-15 seconds.
- Now switch back the batteries to their original positions.
This trick will reset the factory settings of your thermostat within a couple of seconds. It works for the thermostat devices which are hard-wired to your existing electrical system at home.
Also Know : How to reset Apple watch
How to reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat?
There are multiple ways to reset a thermostat. This blog shows you the latest ones. This is one of those. Follow the steps below:
- Click the touch panel and find the menu button.
- Once you do, click it. It’s at the screen’s top-right corner.
- Now scroll down the screen and find preferences in the menu.
- Click it and scroll again.
- Find the “Restore Factory Defaults” option and click it.
- A confirmation message will pop immediately on the screen.
- Click “Yes” on this confirmation message to confirm your command.
- If it is successful, it will show a message that reads “Restoring factory default settings,” and the screen will go blank.
- Wait for the thermostat to be back on the display, and voila!
- As the main Honeywell logo displays on the screen, it confirms that you completed the factory resetting of this device.
How to reset Honeywell 9000 series thermostat?
- Touch the touchpad.
- Go to the Menu option.
- Find preferences and click it.
- Scroll the screen till you find “Restore to Factory Default.”
- To confirm your command, press “Yes.”
This will restart the device, and within seconds it will reset to its default preferences.
How to reset your Honeywell 8000 series thermostat?
This is also a device with a 10-inch LCD screen. It has smart and responsive technology. With this device, you can set different preferences for the room temperature for every single day of the week.
- Steps to reset it:
- Go to its touch screen, find the “System” option, and click it.
- Press the center button till you get “Reset to factory settings” flashed on the screen.
- Click, and there you go.
Within a couple of seconds, you will do the job to reset Honeywell 800 series thermostat completely.
How to reset your Honeywell 7000 series thermostat?
- Switch off the device first.
- Please go and check the circuit breaks and turn it off.
- Remove the thermostat now, along with its 2 AAA batteries.
- Place batteries wrongly and wait a couple of seconds.
- Put the batteries back into their original positions.
- The display will switch ON.
- Go and switch on the circuit breaker.
Now, your thermostat 7000 series of Honeywell will restart. If you face problems, check the manual guide online for this device.
How to reset the thermostat 600 series of Honeywell?
This series or model connects with the Wi-Fi through a registered email ID and on the Honeywell official page. You can control thermostat 600 from anywhere as long as you have the right network and connection. To reset a Honeywell thermostat 600 series follow the below steps
Also Read : How To Unpair Apple Watch
Steps to reset it:
- Keep pressing and holding the FAN button.
- Press the UP button without releasing the FAN button next.
- Keep holding both of these for 10-15 seconds.
- Now release but press another button, that is, first from the right corner.
- Hold it until you see 39 on the screen.
- Press the DOWN key and bring the 39 number back to 0.
- Click DONE for confirmation.
- This will make Wi-Fi blink on the screen of the thermostat.
It is a sign that it’s been reset. So, now you have to option to reconnect with the Wi-Fi.
How to reset the thermostat 4000 series?
These are programmable devices compatible with electric heating systems, multiple at once. If you want to reset a Honeywell thermostat 4000 series follow below steps:
Steps to reset it:
- Switch on the device.
- Press PROGRAM 3 times.
- Check the right side of the button. There are some holes. Get a pointed object and insert it there.
- Hold the wire or sharp object there for 5-7 seconds and then eject.
There you go; you’ve successfully reset the thermostat 4000 series.
How can I reset the Honeywell thermostat 2000 series?
These programmable thermostats are the best for furnaces, heating/cooling systems at homes/offices, heat pumps, centralized A.C., and water systems.
Steps to reset it:
- Switch the device off.
- Switch off the circuit breaker too.
- Take out their batteries and place them wrongly.
- Let it be for 10-20 seconds.
- Put the batteries back in the right positions.
- Switch ON your device and then the circuit breaker.
This will completely reset your thermostat 2000 Honeywell model.
Also Read : How To Turn Off SOS On iPhone in 2023
How to reset the thermostat 1000 series model?
These are more traditional than the other model or series by Honeywell. They don’t have programmable options.
To reset a Honeywell thermostat 1000, follow the reset steps of the 2000 model.
Is your model not listed, or don’t know how to reset it even now?
If that’s the problem, talk to a Honeywell agent or specialist. Find their service center near you. Check if your device is under warranty. Let the electricians come to your home and check the device themselves.
Do all thermostat devices have a reset button?
Ans : Traditional ones have. The new or digital ones will have a reset option in the product setting on its touchscreen.
How to manually reset a Honeywell thermostat?
Ans : You need to switch it off and take it out its batteries. Place them in the wrong direction and wait for 10 seconds. Next, you switch them back and check if the thermostat is back to working normally as a new device.
What is a recovery mode on the Honeywell thermostat?
Ans : A thermostat will adjust to new and outside temperatures and set up new preferences. That is when it goes into recovery mode so that previous settings are not messed up.